About Adjustable Beds
Benefits of Adjustable Beds:
- Read or watch TV
- Raise the head to reduce acid refulx
- Raise the head to reduce snoring and increase breathing
- Raise the head to reduce sinus pressure
- Raise the feet to reduce back pain
- Raise the feet to increase blood flow
- Raise the head and feet post surgery for faster recovery
- Relaxing massage provides white noise, fall asleep faster
- Increased comfort for higher quality sleep
- Raise the head to get out of bed easier
Features very by model. Results may vary.
Adjustable bed bases are designed to fit into most bed frames, or stand alone. The base replaces the box spring foundation and metal bed frame. In the case of a Headboard and Footboard, sleigh bed, or four poster bed frame, the slats would be removed and the adjustable bed base put inside the bed frame.
In other words, the sleigh bed, or headboard, footboard and rails would simply go around the adjustable base, and the base would stand on its own legs.
Some adjustable bed bases are zero clearance, which means the base legs can be removed and the base put directly on the slats. Most bed frames are not designed to hold the extra weight, so whenever possible, we recommend putting the base on its own legs.
Each adjustable bed base is different, and some have many features, whereas some have very few.
Some of the features bases offer are:
- Raise the head of the bed
- Raise the foot of the bed
- Wireless remote
- Vibrating massage (1 or 2 sections)
- Lumbar support bar
- Attach a headboard
- Pillow tilt
- Under bed night light
- USB ports
- Programmable favorite buttons
- Zero gravity position button
- Adjustable leg segments to adjust the height
Adjustable beds are available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King, Split King and Split Cal King sizes.
Most models offer a single head raising motor and a single foot raising motor. Split king and split cal king models come as two bases, for a total of 4 motors. King size adjustable beds are available as a horizontal king (1 head motor, 1 foot motor) or as a 2 piece split king base (2 head motors, 2 foot motors) and both bases are synched together to raise and lower at the same time.
If you choose the split king base option for a regular king, and later decide to do a split king mattress option, then you already have the base needed to do so. If you choose a horizontal king base and later want to change to a split king base, you would then need to replace the horizontal base to make it work.
Two motors of a split king base when paired and working to raise a solid king mattress are much stronger than 1 motor. For that reason we recommend the split king option over the horizontal king option.
Adjustable bed base sizes:
- Twin = 38-inches by 75-inches
- Twin XL = 38-inches by 80-inches
- Full = 54-inches by 75-inches
- Queen = 60-inches by 80-inches
- King (Horizontal) = 76-inches by 80-inches
- Split King = qty. 2 pieces 38-inches by 80-inches (equal to 76-inches by 80-inches)
- Cal King (Horizontal) = 72-inches by 84-inches
- Split Cal King = qty. 2 pieces 36-inches by 84-inches (equal to 72-inches by 84-inches)
Adjustable beds typically last for over 20-years, so choosing the right one is a long term investment. It's important to test the features and see which one is right for you.
Some models we offer:
Beautyrest Advanced Motion Base
Beautyrest Black Luxury Base
Sealy Ease 3.0 Base
Tempur-Pedic Ergo Base
Tempur-Pedic Ergo Extend Base